Social Housing Lease Extensions Seminar
DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2018
TIME: 3.30PM REGISTRATION FOR A 4PM START
VENUE: BRITISH LIBRARY, ST PANCRAS, LONDON NW1 2DB
It is vital that Housing Associations and Leaseholders are aware of the potential value of premiums for Lease Extensions.
All Leaseholders should also be aware of the consequences of the term of their Lease dropping below 80 years. Short Leases can give rise to problems on sale or re-mortgage, and significantly affect the value of a property. Delay makes the cost of the extension more expensive.
The seminar will be hosted by Anthony Best, Managing Partner at Prince Evans Solicitors LLP. Jeremy Teall, Partner at Prince Evans Solicitors, will be joined by guest
speaker, Richard Stacey, experienced surveyor with Buntings, to discuss the following key questions:-
Why does a Leaseholder need to extend his or her Lease?
• How does a Lease qualify for an extension as of right?
• Should the parties use the statutory route or use an informal arrangement without notices having to be served?
• What costs is the Leaseholder liable to pay towards the Landlord’s legal and surveyors costs?
• How is the premium calculated?
• What happens if terms cannot be agreed? • How does the Tribunal procedure work?
• What deadlines apply?
Sarah Boyle from Prince Evans Solicitors will be joining the Q&A panel, where attendees will have the opportunity to raise questions regarding Lease Extensions.
To book a place, please register with Lianna Carnell on 07375 100005 or email her at email@example.com