Free Seminar: Insure against the unknown
￼Date: Tuesday 21st April
Time: 5.30pm registration
Venue: Ealing Golf Club, Perivale Lane, Greenford UB6 8TS
Plan ahead to protect your interests
Ben Davies, Partner and Head of Prince Evans’ Wills, Trusts & Probate team invites you to this free seminar to ensure you are fully conversant with Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship and the Court of Protection.
This is a prime opportunity to ensure that you leave nothing to chance for those you care about, and you will hear from key speakers at the event who will provide a clear, structured insight into these topics:
Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
Abigail Pfister, Prince Evans’ Solicitor
• Why you should consider having one.
• What the latest legislation (EPA vs. LPA)
means for you.
• How to choose the most appropriate type of
LPA for your circumstances.
• What those involved in LPAs have to do.
• How to ensure your LPA is registered with the
Office of the Public Guardian
Suzanne Mynors, Prince Evans’ Solicitor
• What options are available if a loved one has lost mental capacity and you need to look after their affairs.
• How you can obtain a Deputyship Order, how long does it take and how much does it cost.
• What you, as Deputy, can and cannot do on behalf of the patient, taking into account their needs.
• If you have been appointed as a Deputy, what records of decisions you have made on behalf of the patient, and what evidence of transactions, letters and reports must be kept.
• How to draw up a Statutory Will for someone who has lost their mental capacity
The panel will also be accompanied for a Q&A session by Geoff Randall, Senior Solicitor of Prince Evans.
Please register at Louise Heasman on 07950 248038 or email her at email@example.com