Free Seminar: Landlords, the Government is watching you!
DATE: MONDAY 24TH NOVEMBER TIME: 5.30PM REGISTRATION
FOR A 6PM START
VENUE: EALING GOLF CLUB, PERIVALE LANE,
GREENFORD, UB6 8TS
The law makers are beavering away with new legislation to both assist and to restrict landlords, with the aim of improving standards in the private rented sector. This free Residential Lettings seminar is a golden opportunity for Landlords, Leaseholders, Buy to Let Owners and Managing Agents to become fully conversant with the changes and how it affects you!
￼Jeremy Teall, Prince Evans’ Partner, will provide an overview of the Government’s recent actions and will include;
• The Tenancies (Reform) Bill to prevent “revenge” evictions against tenants who complain about disrepair by limiting service of Section 21 Notices.
• The Deregulation Bill, seeking to clarify registration of deposits to resolve the issues created by the ‘Superstrike’ case.
• The introduction of a private rented sector Code of Practice.
• The Government’s introduction of a recommended two-year ‘model tenancy agreement’.
• An update on the Court of Appeal’s vital decision on Phillips v. Francis, regarding the need for consultation for major works and service charges under the terms of a lease.
In addition, guest speakers, Mark Cassidy and Sandy Bell – of DSH Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors – will explain and answer questions on:
• Holding property personally – as a limited company or an LLP – and associated tax planning.
• Accounting and reporting on service charges and the issues facing accountants and landlords.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to this event that promises to be both informative and engaging.
To book a place, please register with Louise Heasman on 07950 248038 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org